Some weird stuff has been happening to you, possibly for years. Eventually, the penny drops and you realize that these are psychic experiences, and you realize in a flash of realization: "I'm psychic". It’s all a little random and unnerving, so what are you going to do about it?
Signs You Could Be Psychic:
- You know what is going to happen next
- It feels as though someone is trying to communicate with you, either in words, sounds or pictures
- You get information by holding an object
- You are sensitive to the atmosphere in certain locations
- You realize you have a spirit guide
- Déjà vu is a common occurrence for you
- Your intuition and gut feelings are always spot on
- Your dreams are vivid and precognitive; you know they relate to future events
- You feel other people’s emotions intensely as if the experience is happening to you
- You interpret signs and symbols accurately
- You feel extreme discomfort when in the presence of certain people
- You see auras around people and can understand their significance
- You have out-of-body experiences
- You can tell if a person is ill, even without them saying so.
What is Happening to Me?
In a word, energy. You are sensitive to energies. Your mind and body can access a higher realm than ‘ordinary’ folk. Although it is true we all have psychic ability, not all of us can access it without training. Your abilities give you a strong connection to what the psychologist, Carl Jung called, the ‘collective unconscious’. Think of it as a vast, unlimited library where all human experience and information is stored. You can tune in and pick up vibrations from the past, present, and future.
When people pass on, they leave some of their energy behind. Perhaps there was something they never got done. Maybe they need to put a living person’s mind at ease. Or it’s possible that the energy is simply lingering among their familiar places and possessions and needs to be given permission to leave. If this describes the kind of experience you are having, then it is likely you are a medium. You, being psychic, are a portal, a gateway, a bridge or a potential messenger for them. It’s nothing personal.
I’m Psychic – What Do I Do?
You’re feeling as if you’re floundering. Your friends and family think you are kidding or having some mental health issue. You’re even beginning to believe it yourself. The first thing to do is to find an individual or a group who experience similar phenomenon to you. Knowing that you aren’t alone is a huge relief, and finding a community who believes you is a way of validating that you aren’t ill or making it all up.
You could find out if there is a spiritualist group or church in your area. You would be made welcome, and your anxieties laid to rest. Alternatively, there are many online communities of psychic folk. The advantage of an online group is that you can ‘lurk’, observing the interactions of the members before you take the plunge and introduce yourself.
Another option is to have a one-on-one with another psychic. He or she will be able to put your mind at ease and give you some suggestions on what you can do with your abilities.
I Don’t Want These Psychic Occurrences
Learn to create a shield using visualization. Close your eyes and visualize yourself surrounded by a protective bubble. Nothing can get to you. Breathe deeply and relax. You can use this simple technique anytime you feel overwhelmed.
Sometimes engaging in a conversation with a spirit or guide who is bugging you is all you need to do. Tell them you are ready to listen, but they must respect your boundaries. If you aren’t sure how to communicate with them, read our article “Seven Ways to Find Your Spirit Guide”. You will probably discover that your guide is entirely benign and only here to help you navigate your way through life. A helpful spirit guide is a wonderful gift.
How Should I Develop My Psychic Skills
The basis of any psychic ability should be meditation. Meditation will help you sort out the wheat from the chaff, clear your mind, calm your energies and allow you to look deep inside yourself for the answers you already know.
Get comfortable with calling on your skills or your guides. Assess the accuracy of your predictions. Keep records of anything and everything that happens which could have a psychic cause.
Can I Help Others with My Psychic Abilities?
Of course, you can. You will need to learn how to pass on information without frightening people. Be tactful and even learn some counseling skills so that you can deal with every emotional situation. You might find that you have been given your true calling, and you will decide to follow this path as a career.
Jobs for Psychics
Most psychics who decide to utilize their abilities on a day-to-day basis will have a good idea which areas work best for them. It could be mediumship, card reading, psychometry or psychic spiritual counseling among many other skills. They tend to work for themselves. Some will make use of telephone and internet services, as all the hard work of attracting clients is done for them.
Okay, I Guess I'm Psychic
Now you are sure that you are psychic, you have to decide which way to proceed. Your options are:
- Do nothing. This might be fine but also may cause problems later
- Make efforts to suppress and disconnect from psychic occurrences
- Channel your abilities by studying and practicing
- Get in touch with an individual or group who can advise you
- Make meditation and visualization a routine part of your day
- Contact your spirit guide, if you have one, and accept their guidance
- Use your abilities for good, i.e. helping others.
The most important thing to understand is that you are gifted and unique, so don’t despair. Make the most of your talents and sensitivity, and good luck!