Image credit: Jaci Walz on Pinterest
"We live at the threshold of a universal recognition that the human being is not mere matter, but a potent, energetic field of consciousness. Modalities of the past millennium are quickly giving away to breakthrough technologies wherein we heal ourselves at the level of all true healing, which is spirit."
Alternative medicine and holistic healing are trending topics today. It is a classic case of what’s “old” is “new” again. Many celebrities are going to chakra healers and readers. The irony is that “new age” energy healing has evolved from spiritual and cultural ancient traditions. So Madonna and Katy Perry, who have both recently had their chakras balanced, are just getting in touch with their metaphysical roots.
Several of our readers at Psychic Elements are master healers who use reiki, chakra healing and other forms of distance energy healing to enhance their readings. Please note that any serious medical problem needs traditional medical treatment.
In the meantime, it is notable that alternative and holistic methods are becoming more accepted and mainstream.The combination of modern medicine and energy healing complement each other as powerful and effective tools.
What is the Chakra Energy System?
The word “chakra” comes from ancient Sanskrit and means “vortex” or “wheel”. The practice is largely thought to date from the eighth century. It was developed by Hevajra Tantra, a Buddhist monk.
Chakras are literally the energy centers of the human body. Each of the seven chakras signifies the vortexes of spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being.
A car needs gasoline. The mind, body and spirit dynamic needs energy. We all need a free-flow of our life-force energy or “chi” to maintain the connection and drive our physical body in the correct way. Without energy, there is no life.
What Causes Damage to the Chakra System?
The energy in the body moves through the blood tissue, muscles and nerves. Energy is present in each living cell. This chi energy movement into and out of each chakra must be in harmony and balance.
A healthy lifestyle will help maintain the balance of the chakra energy system and the good physical and mental health of the body. A damaging lifestyle (bad nutrition, smoking, no exercise, fear and stress) causes the chakra system to malfunction.
It can be disrupted, blocked or otherwise thrown off balance. When the body experiences accident or trauma (emotional or physical), there is an immediate impact to the chakra system. Disruptions in the body’s flow of energy (negative patterns, illness, accidents, diet or lack of exercise) can also create a need for the chakra system to be healed, unblocked or otherwise redirected.
The 7 Chakras:
Image credit: kainamor on Flickr
There are seven distinct chakras. Each one is located in a specific area of the body and represents a unique energy portal. On a drawing or diagram, the chakras appear as circles that represent the energy wheels.
1. The Muladhara, found at the base of the spine, is the root chakra and the earth element. This chakra is basic physical identity and the foundational belief system. When damaged or blocked, you may be subject to addictive or compulsive behavior and experience back pain.
2. The Svadhisthana, in the lower stomach, is the sacral chakra, which is identified with the water element. Here, feelings, sexuality, desires, fertility and creativity are centered. When energy flow is obstructed, low self-esteem, problems with kidneys, infertility, and sex are manifested.
3. The Manipura, located in the solar plexus, is your power chakra, and the fire element. It is the center of all action, ego and self-esteem. Problems with this chakra, often manifest as digestive issues, acid reflux, and ulcers, as well as emotional and anger problems.
4. The Anahata, the heart chakra, is found in the middle of the chest (encompassing the area where the human heart resides). It represents the air element and total yin/yang integration. Truly, the heart chakra is all about love. Heart and lung diseases can indicate a blockage. An imbalance may result in emotional coldness, distance from other people and a lack of empathy.
5. The Vishuddha, located in the throat, is identified with language, voice and dentistry. Here we find expressions of creative identity. An imbalance or block here results in a sore throat, dental problems and the absence of creativity.
6. The Ajna, also known as the “third eye” can be found in the direct center of the forehead. This chakra houses your intuition, ESP and the highest forms of visualization. When there are disturbances in its balance, headaches, earaches, sinus problems and frustration can result.
7. The Sahasrara is located directly on top of the head. The crown chakra is the spiritual connection. The Hopi word for the crown chakra, “kopavi” means “open window” or “open door”.The crown chakra is your connection to enlightenment, spirituality and self-knowledge. When this chakra is damaged, the link to all joy, nature and spirit is broken. Depression, loneliness, nightmares and negativity can result.
The mind works on both an unconscious and conscious level to maintain energy moving throughout the body. This energy stream should be kept balanced and flowing for the optimum health of the mind-body-spirit dynamic.
Chakra energy healers use a holistic (body-mind-spirit) approach. They do not focus on a single illness or a solitary emotional issue. Chakra healers believe that all emotional, spiritual, and health issues are reflected by disturbances in the chakra energy fields. Their goal is to heal any damage and rebalance the chakra system.
Chakra energy work is holistic. This means that the healer may focus on one chakra to benefit the entire mind-body-spirit. Balanced chakras will re-charge the vitality and health through focusing energy. Chakra healers direct their efforts to the life force centers of your chi energy. They have been known to get amazing results.
- Spirals of light, “Crystal Healing and Celebrities”, April 2014. Online: http://www.spiralsoflight.com/crystal-healing-and-celebrities/
- Michael & Raphaelle Tamura, You Are the Answer. Online: http://www.michaeltamura.com/