Here at Psychic Elements, we often receive comments on our blog posts, and one thing we’ve noticed lately is that there are a lot of people out there who are having psychic experiences that they have no idea what to do with. They are often depressed and confused because they don’t know where to turn.
First of all, you need to know that you are not alone. There are many, many others who are experiencing similar things that you are going through.
Secondly, there are ways to reduce the psychic events, manage them and control them. You can even decide to develop your psychic powers and make use of them.
We’ve put together suggestions and resources that can help you cope with your psychic experiences.
Worried by Psychic Experiences? Help is Available
- Self-care is paramount. Try to get plenty of sleep. Eat healthily and get lots of fresh air. Get away from your computer and turn off your phone. Make a pact with yourself to reconnect with nature. Many people have unwanted psychic experiences because they are spaced out and disconnected. Stress can be a real contributory factor in feeling strangely disconnected.
- Talk to someone who has been there. The best person would be an experienced psychic who can put your mind at rest and give you some ideas of how to cope. The worst person to tell is a coworker or classmate, as they may feel compelled to gossip about you. If you are able to talk to one or both of your parents then you should tell them how you’ve been feeling. If you can’t talk to your parents perhaps you have another relative who you can trust with your experiences?
- Find a group. Whether on FaceBook or a web forum. Find your tribe. You will feel much better if you have somewhere to share your experiences. However, if you ever feel as if you are being threatened, bullied or ridiculed, then leave immediately and never go back.
- If you are a church member, talk to your pastor. They are trained to calm and soothe people. He or she won’t have had much experience in psychic phenomena, but simply receiving a blessing can lighten your worries.
- You may be feeling drawn to exploring the supernatural or want to experiment with Ouija or similar. Don't do it. Try learning to communicate with spirit by more gentle means. Perhaps an angel or oracle deck? Or learn the tarot. By giving your powers a channel or outlet, you will have more control over your psychic experiences.
- Professional help will be necessary if your psychic experience has left you with symptoms of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Symptoms of PTSD include nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks, trembling, negative thoughts, tenseness, tension, and headaches. Don’t try to deal with this alone. Go to your doctor, campus nurse, or student counsellor and ask for help.
- No-one is suggesting that psychic experiences are symptoms of mental illness, but the possibility is there nevertheless. If you think you have mental health issues, again seek professional help. Get in touch with the National Alliance for Mental Health.
- Work on your own psychic development. Read as much as you can. Watch YouTube videos – we recommend Teal Swan. Learn to dowse with a pendulum. Find your nearest spiritualist group or church
The main thing to remember is that you don’t have to deal with this alone. There is a whole support network out there for you – but you do have to reach out and connect with it. See below for psychic and spiritual links and resources.
Psychic Elements Related Pages
Psychic Online Resources
Spiritualist Resources An excellent site with lists of resources for every aspect of mediumship and spiritualism.
Psychic Chat Forums
Patient Forums: Discuss everything from recurring nightmares to feelings of anxiety.
Soul Development Forum: Discuss psychic experiences with others.
Unexplained Mysteries – Psychic Abilities Forum.
We hope this has helped you if you are lost and confused. Please let us know of any resources that you have found helpful during your psychic and spiritual journey.
Images courtesy of Pixabay