People have used healing crystals for thousands of years. From the ancient Sumerians to the Hopi Indians, crystals were a major factor in healing ceremonies, funeral rites and day-to-day living. Roman soldiers wore crystals as protective and healing amulets. And a crystal healing revival is happening worldwide. Discover how to use healing crystals to enhance your life.
While we recommend you experiment with crystal healing, please don’t use it as a substitute for professional medical treatment and advice. If you have any kind of health problem, please see your doctor.
What are Crystals Anyway?
Crystals are typically formed when a liquid cools or evaporates. The molecules grab onto each other to create tight chemical bonds. These bonds are so strong and rigid that the molecules are held in an organized pattern. The process is called crystallization and you might have noticed it happening in a kitchen cabinet—in your honey jar. Other examples of common kitchen crystals are salt and granulated sugar. Crystals used in healing are no different. They formed in the same way.
How About Healing Crystals?
According to the scientist, Nikola Tesla, electrical & mechanical engineer, physicist and inventor, the vibrational energy of one object can influence that of another. Crystals vibrate in a certain way and those vibrations can cause resonance to occur. Think of how you hold your sweetheart and your heartbeats begin to align. In the same way a crystal can calm or energize the molecules in your own body. That’s the theory of crystal healing.
While science has not yet been able to prove or disprove that crystals are able to heal, the ancients certainly believed it to be possible.
Healing Crystal Therapy
A crystal healing session with a practitioner begins with a general discussion about your physical and mental health status. The practitioner will ask you to sit or lie down while s/he places selected stones around you and on your body. They might take you through a guided relaxation/meditation. You may be asked to hold crystals in your hands. It is a positive and relaxing experience.
How to Use Healing Crystals At Home
You can also use healing crystals at home, and carry them round with you. Have one or two near you when you sleep. You can place them on a bedside table, under your pillow and even under the bed.
Hold a crystal in your hand while you watch TV. Place one or two in your bath (don’t sit on it though). Carry one in your purse or pocket. Place them around electronic equipment, such as your computer at work.
If you have particular health issue, for example let’s say a muscle injury, you can put crystals on the injury site.
Cleansing Your Healing Crystals
Some people think crystals require cleansing and recharging. Methods include:
- Running them under clean running water, either a faucet or a natural stream.
- Placing them on a windowsill overnight for a ‘moon bath’.
- Burying them in the earth for a night or two.
Properties of Common Crystals
- Protection, strength, harmony.
- Eyes, teeth, gums, stomach, uterus; lymphatic system, pancreas, strengthens blood vessels, skin disorders, insomnia.
- Reduces negativity, tension, anger. Improves mental function, concentration, perception. Soothes anxiety and promotes a sense of security.
- Protection, cleansing, calming. Induces dreams. Helpful in times of change.
- Strengthens immune system, heals skin problems, boosts hormone production, relieves headaches, reduces swelling, improves respiratory conditions.
- Helps with grief, relieves stress, balances mood swings. Reduces anger, fear, anxiety. Improves inner peace and contentment. May also help with addictions.
- Protection from negative energy. Stimulates creativity. Enhances passion.
- Lower back problems, joints, neuralgia. Regulates the kidneys. Accelerates bone healing. Helps vitamin and mineral absorption. Improves blood supply to tissues and organs.
- Dispels envy, anger, fear, despair and negativity. Increases motivation and courage.
- Increases success, prosperity, luck and energy.
- Strengthens the functions of heart, kidney, liver, muscles, appendix, spleen, pancreas, and bladder. Slows degenerative disease. Balances thymus and thyroid glands.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence. Increases motivation, creative thought and concentration. Balances the emotions.
- For commitment and love. Relationship booster.
- General cleanser and purifier. Regenerates vital organs. Aids treatment of spinal conditions. Boosts the immune system and restores energy levels.
- Deepens emotional connections, inspires empathy and understanding. Promotes trust and sincerity.
- Boosts luck and wealth.
- All-round healer. Beneficial to heart and lungs. Clears sinus infection. Normalizes blood pressure, stimulates metabolism, settles the stomach. Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy.
- Enhances leadership qualities, increases perseverance and determination. Calms an overactive mind.
- Grounding, protection, enhances intuition and creativity.
- Fortifies the blood, reduces anemia, neutralizes toxins, cleanses the liver, kidneys, spleen and bladder. Reduces infection and inflammation.
- Overcomes fear, aids mindfulness, calms, reduces confusion. Improves mental capacity. Reduces irritability, impatience and aggressiveness. Good for clearing mental disorientation.
- Brings blessings and peace. Bestows wisdom and balance. Helps fulfil promise and potential.
- Aids detoxification. Improves kidney and adrenal function. Improves fertility and eases childbirth. Improves the immune and nervous systems.
- Decreases irritability and negativity. Encourages self-reliance. Stimulates creativity.
- Protective shield. Dispels negative energy. Repels directed negative intent.
- Aids digestion, reduces joint pain. Fights bacterial and viral infection. Helps with cramps.
- Relieves stress and tension. Aids clarity. Dissolves emotional blocks and relieves past trauma.
- The ‘master healer’. It enhances the energy of other stones.
- Stimulates and improves all bodily function, including the heart, liver, nervous system and immune system.
- Revitalizes brain function, balances emotions. Aids concentration and memory.
- Attracts love, deepens relationships.
- Strengths the heart and circulatory systems. Reduces blood pressure. Improves respiratory problems, kidneys and adrenals, Relives vertigo.
- Restores self-love. Calms, brings peaceful thoughts. Enhances empathy.
We hope you may be inspired to gather some healing crystals of your own and use them to improve your well-being.
Legends of America: Healing Stones