A spiritual channel is a person with specialist psychic abilities. Instead of having contact with individual spirits or spirit guides like a psychic medium, a channeler receives messages from a non-physical entity, or entities, usually in the form of ‘blocks of thought’, which they are able to interpret and deliver as received wisdom.
Usually a spiritual channel gives general information about life, the spiritual realm and the power of the human psyche. Sometimes they will tune in to an individual, either the seeker or a passed over spirit.
Channelers describe themselves as moving out of the way so that the spiritual entity can come through them. The channel is exactly that – a conduit for the spirit to communicate. The channeler never loses consciousness or their individuality; they describe it as entering a trance-like state. Some are so familiar with their connection that they simply take a mental step sideways and start to channel.
Do you think you might be a spiritual channel?
Signs You Are Channeling
- Your thoughts appear to come to you ‘from nowhere’. This is true of all of us to some extent. When we need guidance or a new idea and they surface as conscious thought in our minds – where do they really come from? Some will argue that we are all like radio receivers, and, if we are correctly tuned to a particular frequency by virtue of our emotional vibration, we will receive what we have asked for – an answer or an idea.
- You can deliberately tune-in to the source of your information. You may have been doing this since you were a child. Some invent ‘imaginary friends’ in order to rationalize the spiritual communication, or to make it less scary.
- You are a creative channel. Messages come through via your art, music, sculpture, writing or some other mechanical way. You feel part of the creative process but you are not completely in charge of it. It is as if someone is guiding you, choosing the colors, the tools, the words. When you later view your creation, you hardly recognize it as yours.
- Your daydreams are vivid and meaningful. When you come out of a daydream, you know something you didn’t know before. It might be the answer to a question you’ve had, a solution to a problem, or even a new perspective on spirituality, life, death or eternity.
- You experience feelings of euphoria when your mind is quiet, as in meditation or contemplating nature. It feels like your connection to source is strong and unbreakable. You feel that whatever you need to know will come to you. And it does.
Developing your Channeling Abilities
It is possible to develop your channeling skills in several ways.
1. Simply ask that you become aware of ‘tuning in’.
2. Deliberately raise your vibration.
3. Keep a notebook on you at all times and jot down any thoughts that come from spirit.
5. Join a channeling group.
6. Find a reputable teacher.
7. Read as much as you can about, and by, spiritual channelers. A classic is “Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guides” by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer, who channel Orin and DaBen respectively.
8. Talk out loud to your guides – best to do this when no-one is around.
9. Do some free-writing, i.e. don’t think about the words, just write and allow spirit to express through your hand onto the page.
Famous Spiritual Channels
Esther Hicks and Abraham
The most well known spiritual channel is Esther Hicks who channels a group of entities, who collectively call themselves Abraham. Esther began receiving messages back in the 1980s when she and her, now deceased, husband Jerry became interested in the Seth material and began meditating. Jerry was an inveterate question asker and Esther was happy to allow Abraham to answer through her. Abraham-Hicks.
Jane Roberts and Seth
Jane Roberts was really the first of the modern channels – although channeling is as old as the human race. It was Seth, another group of spirits, who coined the phrase, “You create your own reality.” The Seth Center.
Helen Schucman was a clinical research scientist who channeled “A Course in Miracles.” She claimed that the philosophy and lessons within it were given to her by Jesus. She says it started with a voice that said, “This is a course in miracles. Please take notes.” It took seven years for the transcript of ACIM to be completed. A Course in Miracles.
Sanaya Roman, Duane Packer, Orin and DaBen
Sanaya Roman channels Orin, an individual spirit guide. He describes his guidance as “A Path of Self-Realization” Roman says that she experiences Orin as “as a being of great love, wisdom, and compassion.”
Duane Packer who channels DaBen, is a clairvoyant, energy worker and aura reader. He first became aware of DaBen while conducting healing sessions. He found that his hands were guided and that he was performing movements and gestures that were unknown to him. Orindaben.com
Together the two chanelers and their guides have authored several books.
Elizabeth Gillette and Theo
Theo was the first introduction to channeling for Esther Hicks, who went on to channel Abraham. Elizabeth Gillette began her association with Theo, a group of 12 archangels, after a medical emergency in 1969 left her close to death. As she recovered, she began to receive an increasing number of communications from Theo. Ask Theo.
Lee Carroll and Kryon
Lee Carroll has channeled Kryon for many years. Kryon says that he “is a servant for humanity” and that his inter-dimensional angelic counterpart, whom he works with is Metatron. Kryon.com.
J Z Knight and Ramtha
Judy Zebra Knight has been channeling the entity, Ramtha since 1969. They now run an on line and physical academy where Ramtha shares his teachings. Ramtha's School of Elightenment.
"What is the job of the Master Teacher? To give extraordinary knowledge, enough to make the human mind query questions that are no longer mundane but venture into the outrageous and the unfathomable, because when asking such questions, we awaken the Spirit and we awaken the true spiritual nature of ourself." Ramtha
Images courtesy of Pixabay