You’ve decided to have a psychic phone reading. You’ve researched the best psychic hotlines and their psychics, and know which one looks best for you. But, wait, don’t go rushing in. Your time and money are valuable resources so you need to know how to make the best of your connection to the psychic. You need to prepare carefully for your psychic phone reading.
Before Choosing a Psychic Hotline
If you haven’t already done so, spend some time making your choice of psychic company. Don’t let cost determine your choice. However, avoid the very cheap ones—if it looks too good to be true, it probably is and you may end up spending more, as they use certain tactics to keep you on the phone. Also avoid the very expensive ones. Find one that sits in the middle.
Go through their lists of psychics. There will be one you feel drawn to. Maybe it will be a photo, or bio that appeals to you. Make sure the psychic offers the kind of reading you want. Check out the company and the psychic’s feedback.
What Do You Want from a Psychic Phone Reading?
That may seem like a strange question. After all, you want to be told information you don’t know. And you might like validation by the psychic mentioning something concrete in your life—a fact easily verified. However, it will help you enormously if you know what you want from your reading.
- Are you in the middle of a situation that you can’t seem to move past?
- Do you have a problem which appears to have no solution?
- Perhaps you’d like spiritual guidance?
- Or practical suggestions?
- Is there someone in your life who is hiding their true feelings?
- Are you unsure about what steps to take?
- Are you worried about your health?
- Is your personal relationship a little shaky?
- Have you been looking for love for a long time?
- Do you have concerns about your family?
- Have you lost someone who you’d like to contact just to know they are OK?
- Are you worried about something?
By distilling down what is bothering you, or what you want information about, you will be able to formulate some useful questions.
Describing Your Situation
While you might expect the psychic to know exactly what’s happening in your life, know that most psychics pick up on the energy and atmosphere around you and not necessarily the details straight off the bat. So it’s a good idea to be able to outline your situation or problem in such a way that the psychic understands where you are coming from. You don’t have to go into a long, rambling description complete with names and. ‘he said; she said,’ details.
Write out, in as few words as possible, the current life problem that you want to discuss. Have this in front of you when you make the call. Here are some examples:
- I’d like to discuss my marriage. My husband and I have been having problems for a year and I think he may be having an affair.
- I’m really worried about my daughter. She used to be a hard-working student but lately she’s become mixed up with a bad crowd.
- My mother died last year and I am having a hard time coming to terms with her passing. Some days I feel crippled with guilt that I didn’t do enough for her.
- I think I am having some sort of spiritual crisis. I thought I was on the right path but now I am unsure.
Working Out Your Questions
Your description of the problem is maybe all your phone psychic requires to give an accurate reading. However, some psychics would prefer to know what you want from them. After all, you need the information to be relevant and useful. The quality of the information given often depends on the quality of the question asked.
Write down some questions around the topic you’d like to discuss. Avoid those closed questions which require only a yes or no answer. Questions that begin with how and what are good.
- How can I reconcile with my sister?
- What do I need to know about my daughter’s friends?
- How can I handle my feelings around my husband’s affair?
- What can you tell me about my dad, now he has passed over?
- What can you tell me about the blocks in my life that are preventing me from moving forward?
Practical Considerations Before Your Psychic Phone Reading
It’s fine to record your conversation with the psychic. However, it’s also a good idea to have pen and paper to hand to write down any salient points you think are important. This just in case you want your psychic to elaborate or go deeper into a particular aspect during the call.
Should your reading be via webchat then make sure you know how to save, copy and paste the conversation into notepad or other application when you have finished. Remember not to close the chat window until you have done this.
Have a glass of water or cup of tea/coffee nearby, you could find that your throat feels parched during the conversation. Tissues might also be handy if you are discussing an emotional subject.
Have you decided how long the conversation should be? This is usually determined by the budget you have set for the call. Place a timer or small clock where you can see it. Then it is up to you whether you go over the time or not.
Turn off all distractions. Don’t have the TV on in the background. Remove any noisy pets to another room. Don’t try to call when you have a toddler around your feet. However good your child is, you can bet your life that they will interrupt your call.
Clear Your Mind and Relax
It’s natural that you will be a little nervous before your psychic phone reading. Especially if it is your first time. That’s why having some questions prepared in advance is a good idea. Sometimes it’s hard to get the words out because you feel under pressure to speak fast.
Therefore it’s a good idea to mentally and physically prepare yourself. Sit quietly and relax your shoulders. Breathe in and out steadily. Tell yourself you will receive the best answers to enable you to move forward. Look forward to knowing more and being at ease. Keep breathing steadily while you relax your whole body. Allow the tension to drain from your head, all the way down through your feet. Each time you breathe out, the more relaxed you feel.
Now, imagine an energetic white light filling your body. Visualize a thread of light emanating from the middle of your chest. It pushes out, reaches forward in time and space and connects with the psychic you are about to speak to. Know that the Akashic connection has been made and all you have to do now is to make the call to connect in reality.