Things have been happening around you that you can’t explain. You’ve been having these crazy weird dreams and then parts of them come true. You get odd feelings abut people and later you found out you were right to be wary. You've been Googling "Am I psychic?" Sometimes you think you are going crazy – the truth is you are probably waking up to your psychic powers.
First, a personal story. When I was very young, there was a children’s entertainer on TV. He was very popular and, as he grew older, he changed the direction of his career to become a more general presenter. The problem was that I could never stand to look at him. He creeped me out. His voice was horribly whispery. There was just something about him that made me feel sick. He wasn’t the only one who had that effect… there were several others. It’s why I gave up watching TV – back in those days there were only three channels on British television so it was hard to avoid people that gave me a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. It turns out that each one of those men have now been convicted of sexual offenses against children or vulnerable people. How did I know that there was something wrong? Truth is, I didn’t consciously know, but my intuition did.
For sure, you have had similar experiences. Every human being has psychic ability to some extent. Read through our checklist and, if you can relate to one or more of these signs then you have the potential to develop your psychic skills. Stop asking, “Am I psychic?” You know you are. And, no, you are not crazy.
So Am I Psychic? 16 Signs You Have Psychic Gifts
- Dreams that come true or that you can relate to real life events. If you have vivid dreams, write down as much detail as you can remember.
- Premonitions and warnings. They may come in a dream or via random, day dreaming thoughts or meditation. Again write them down – there may come a time when the information will help.
- Many occurrences of déjà vu. Not just now and then, but often – once a week or more. You experience it in conversations, when you go places and when in certain circumstances. These are less likely to be jogging memories of your past, but instead are recalling ‘memories of the future’.
- Unexplainable discomfort when in the company of a particular person. Pay attention to your instincts and remove yourself from the situation as soon as you can.
- Feeling a strong connection to someone – as if you have a telepathic bond. Usually they feel it too. A telepathic connection is not necessarily a sign that you have met your soul mate, so don’t blindly leap in to a relationship.
- When someone you know is ill, you have a strong desire to place your hands on them. This is a sign that you are able to channel healing energy. You can use this for good by studying Reiki or other healing practices.
- You feel the history of a place. When you walk into an old building perhaps, or even when outdoors, you begin to feel a little disoriented and woozy. You may find thoughts or visions of the past running through your mind. If this happens, it’s a good idea to write down your impressions straight away or record them on your phone. Later you can do some research about past events that might have happened there.
- You pick up and object and you experience the emotions of its previous owner. This is psychometry.
- You hear voices. This is a tough one. You need to distinguish between your own thoughts and a psychic source. You may be clairaudient. If the voice/s are instructing you to do something to harm yourself or another, seek help from a medical professional.
- You feel yourself opening to energetic sources. This may be physical as in a tingling in the third eye area, or tingling and warmth moving through your body, or it may be a strong emotional sensation during meditation or upon waking. This is energy that you can use – perhaps in healing or magical practices.
- There’s a strong feeling that you need to make a connection, to find your tribe. Often people will explore various religions, particularly earth-based ones, such as wicca or paganism. You may feel drawn to disciplines like magic, tarot or astrology.
- Auras become visible. You can tell just by looking whether someone is healthy, positive, enthusiastic, or ill, depressed and negative.
- You feel a presence in a room, home or following you about. Often this presence is comforting – this is likely your spirit guide making contact. Sometimes the presence is scary, so you need to learn how to deal with it. Contact a reputable psychic for advice.
- You pick up on other people’s emotions. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. This can begin at any time during your life. You are becoming empathic. Learn how to manage this gift by gradual self-training, otherwise it can interfere with you having a normal life.
- You begin experiencing psychic phenomena after a traumatic event, such as an accident, or near-death episode. Occasionally a trauma like this unlocks psychic abilities or brings them to the forefront of your awareness.
- Your life goes through a major shift. You may find that all kinds of upheavals occur – you might lose your best friend and find a new one. Your personal relationship goes into meltdown. You feel a strong urge to give up your job. Money comes and goes in odd patterns. You can’t put your finger on why all this is happening. You may feel liberated and exhilarated or you may feel as everything is against you. This is all to do with the movement and circulation of psychic energy. Hang on in there, all will calm down soon. Make sure to be aware of anyone or anything that is trying to get your attention.
So now you realize that you aren’t crazy, but are awakening to your psychic potential, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to hide in a corner, or will you make the most of your new gifts and talents?
Images courtesy of Pixabay